Wednesday, November 17, 2010

''MUSH MUSH MUSH''

 Oh how the weeks seem to fly by,Christmas fare already for sale in the shops and the evenings starting to darken shortly after 4,if I had a goose I'm sure he'd be piling on the adipose tissue at this stage.Unfortunately my to-do list seems to piling up as well,so many things to do and such little time,haven't begun to open a book from a study point of view yet and beginning to wonder when I'll get this much-valued and underappreciated time.Still hoping to get back to dear ol' Donegal this weekend weather-permitting,it's been a while and the next chance I'll get will be post-Christmas exams.
   Last Monday morning was a terrible shock to the system as the roads on my journey in to the College were like a bottle and even though I'm from Donegal which is closer to the Arctic Circle than Cork is,that doesnt mean I'm good on icy roads.Sincerely hoping we don't have a lot of ice and frost between now and next Spring,many more mornings like this and I'll have to start self-medicating,(herbally of course)Either that or ask the big jolly bearded fellow in the red suit,who also has a lengthy pre-Christmas list, for a sleigh and some pack-dogs !!!What would my Butcher's bill be then ?

No comments:

Post a Comment