Welcome to our blog. We are three mature students studying Herbal Sciences at Cork Institute of Technology. We all come from different backgrounds, Donegal, Dublin, and Poland. This is our first year and it's challenging.
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Maggie O'Keeffe - calmly gently slowly
After 3 years of unemployment I was nervous and excited about relocating to Cork from Dublin to start the Herbal Sciences course. I'm midway through the first week and absolutely exhausted from the early mornings and the long days - and we haven't even had a full day yet! I spent the first two days like a headless chicken trying to find my way around the campus, think I've got the hang of it now. Day 3, Wednesday, the class went to Clonakilty for the Botany aspect of the course. I did my FETAC level 5 in horticulture, so felt I had a head start in this subject, but realise now that I've forgotten more than I know! Better start revising. I think for me the biggest challenges will be chemistry and physics. My sense of panic and anxiety is gradually subsiding and I'm remembering to breath ..........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment