Tuesday, September 21, 2010

la la la la la la la............


Well I was never a great swimmer but I'm sinking already!! Day 2 Week 2 and I'm struggling. I go into Chemistry all eager and expectant and come out with a brain full of porridge. Luckily I can ask for help and I'm already tapping into support nextworks. Funny, I though Physics would be the problem, but so far it's just number crunching. I'm sure I'm not the only one struggling, though I'm probably the most vocal about it!

I'm usually exhausted after my day in college, Thursday is the only chance for a lie in. I'm hungry all the time too, my brain's not used to this level of usage and needs fuel - I'll be as big as a house by the time I'm finished this course. Eating 2 full dinners a day. It's not all doom and gloom, I am enjoying being a student. I love learning and I was expecting to be challenged. I can get the threads of most stuff, just have trouble knitting it into a recognisable garment.

We've been told in the Creativity Module that we have to produce a newsletter. We were all a bit alarmed at how quickly everything is moving, especially as our group is group 1 and we were chosen first with a deadline of 1st October - that's only Friday week! Siobhan agreed to give us a week's grace and hand it in the 8th October - collective sigh of relief and we'll have a group meeting Thursday.

It was societies day today so I  signed up for the Yoga. I keep forgetting my mantra of "slowly gently calmly..." or was it "get a move on I haven't got all day".  Had to resort to Rescue Remedy today to calm me down. Anyway, reminding myself to breathe..........
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment